Skip to main content

2017 Summer Inauguration [AKA Memorial Day]

Dear Reader,

Memorial Day was  pure summer bliss!

I ended up not having to work either which I wasn't expecting.

Keaton and Lillian and Paxton slept over Sunday night, and I woke up around 9 that morning and went on a run for the first time in a while and it was such a beautiful morning and was such a perfect summery start to what is in my opinion the first real day of summer!

When I came home, we all got ready to go to Ashton and Chris' pool at Olde Liberty [and let me tell you, for summer inauguration it's a process. The first swim means the first shave after winter😉 Lol jk I totally shave in the winter but still, lots of prep] and I put on my brand spankin' new purple bathing suit and off we all went!

Watching Space Jam--Paxton's all-time favorite movie--before the pool


 We spent most of the day at the pool, with the little boys [except for Seeley] in these new things I've never seen before called puddle jumpers, which are like life jackets with floaties attached to them, and it allowed them to swim like wherever without drowning which was obviously way cool! We had a cookout with hot dogs and hamburgers and chips and cookies [which mom didn't let me eat because I got lab results back from a doctor's appointment and my A1C levels are at the prediabetic stage again😳] and watermelon and it was all so perfect! The day was bright and sunny and beautiful but only in the 80's so it wasn't unbearably hot.

Photo I posted on Facebook


Then we all went back to our house and played dad and Keaton's new favorite game called Guesstimation.

I honestly don't totally remember how the day ended except for that haha, but I remember going to bed thinking about what an absolutely idealistic and perfect introduction to summer that Memorial Day was.

Xoxo,
Addy

Comments